Friday, September 08, 2006

Bit of a rant!!!

I get the sneaking suspicion that I am, at the age of just 36, turning into a grumpy old woman!

My pet peeve at the moment is people on their mobile phones while driving a car. How difficult is the legislation to understand? I thought it was pretty easy. You cannot hold a mobile phone in your hand while driving a car, you cannot talk into your mobile phone if you are holding it in your hand, and you sure as heck cannot be sending a text if you are behind the wheel of a moving car. Apparently, this is very tricky and difficult to understand especially it seems in Cambridge.

I make a point now on my drive to work and back to count the number of people that I pass on the phone, in the last 6 months or so I have never had a journey where the score was zero. The average seems to be 3 or 4.

I have a solution. The Police could (and I know this is a wild and crazy idea) enforce the law, there should be the introduction of fixed, instant fines which the money could go to the local police force, which in turn would provide more incentive to enforce the law - more money = more coppers.

That way the dozy woman who was driving her fancy car up the arse of mine on the way home while trying to dial a number on her mobile,or possibly sending a text (couldn't tell as I was more concerned if she was going to brake in time to avoid hitting me) tonight might learn her lesson and never follow behind me again.

Rant over ................................well on this subject anywa. Don't get me started on the Newmarket Road bus lanes.

No comments: